- Michael Jordan makes more money from Nike
annually than all of the Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined.
- Anyone constructing a building in
Philadelphia must pay 1% of the cost of the building to the city to promote the arts.
- There is a town in Utah named Hurricane.
And yes, there is an optometrist who runs the Hurricane Eye Clinic.
- Light travels 1862.82 miles in a
- No word in the English language rhymes with month.
- A coat hanger is nearly four feet long if straightened.
- Cat urine glows under a blacklight.
- The average ear of corn has 800 kernels arranged in 16 rows.
- Each year McDonald's uses 3.2 billion pounds of potatoes.
- Mark Twain was born and died on days when Haley's Comet was in view.
- John Adams' last words were "Jefferson Lives," not knowing that Thomas
Jefferson had died earlier the same day.
- If you toss a penny 10000 times, it will not be heads 5000 times, but more like 4950.
The heads picture weighs more, so it ends up on the bottom.
- It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
- In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak.
- A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
- The Eisenhower interstate system requires that one mile in every five must be straight.
These straight sections are usable as airstrips in times of war or other emergencies.
- The Boston University Bridge (on Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts) is the only
place in the world where a boat can sail under a train driving under a car driving under
- Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds, while dogs only have about ten.
- Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
- David Prowse, was the guy in the Darth Vader suit in Star Wars. He spoke all of Vader's
lines, and didn't know that he was going to be dubbed over by James Earl Jones until he
saw the screening of the movie.
- In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere.
- Barbie's measurements if she were life size: 39-23-33.
- February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.
- Montpelier, Vermont is the only U.S. state capital without a McDonalds.
- The Pentagon, in Arlington, Virginia, has twice as many bathrooms as is necessary. When
it was built in the 1940s, the state of Virginia still had segregation laws requiring
separate toilet facilities for blacks and whites.
- The cruise liner, Queen Elizabeth II, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel
that it burns.
- There are two credit cards for every person in the United States.
- Columbia University is the second largest landowner in New York City, after the Catholic
- Back in the mid to late 80's, an IBM compatible computer wasn't considered a hundred
percent compatible unless it could run Microsoft's Flight Simulator.
- Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.
- In the last 4000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
- Babies are born without knee caps. They don't appear until the child reaches 2-6 years
- The highest point in Pennsylvania is lower than the lowest point in Colorado.
- Nutmeg is extremely poisonous if injected intravenously
- If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you have $1.19. You also have
the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.
- The most common name in the world is Mohammed
- No NFL team which plays it's home games in a domed stadium has ever won a Superbowl
- The first toilet ever seen on television was on "Leave It To Beaver".
- In the great fire of London in 1666 half of London was burnt down but only 6 people were
- One of the reasons marijuana is illegal today because cotton growers in the 30s lobbied
against hemp farmers -- they saw it as competition. It is not chemically addictive as is
nicotine, alcohol, or caffeine.
- Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older
- The name Wendy was made up for the book "Peter Pan"